I know you. You’re here because you decided that you deserve more from life.
I am SO glad you made that choice.
I know what it’s like to be in your shoes. If you can believe it, a year ago, all I had to show for myself was an unemployment slip and a few college credits.
I laugh now when I remember those days and think about how far I’ve come. It hasn’t always been easy, but it has absolutely been worth it.
Everything changed for me when I decided to start investing in myself and created my dropship business.
Now you’re ready to set yourself up with a successful business, and I’m ready to help you get started.
Here Are My Top Tips For New Business Owners:
Move your ego aside. If you’re too afraid of failing or looking like a beginner, you’ll never get past that first stage.
Set yourself up for success by creating the right audience to convert sales. When it comes to potential clients, remember to focus on data and ignore vanity metrics like how many followers you have on Instagram.
Learn everything you can about money. Making it is important, of course, but so is saving it, keeping it, investing it, and growing it.
- Autosave 25% of your business income for taxes. Too many small businesses forget that they need to file and pay taxes at the end of the year and get blasted in the second year.
- As a business owner, you need three accounts (income, expenses, travel) so you can carefully track where your money is going.
Make your selling platform work for you. I’m Shopify’s biggest fan. Shopify is designed to help you easily launch and grow an e-commerce business. Their apps, customer service, price, integrations, analytics, and ability to do their job are unmatched.
Remember that your product page is the single most important feature of your website. Make it stand out.
- Clear, professional product pictures can be as easy to get by just using your phone and having good lighting. Look for simple backgrounds your target audience will find attractive. Use portrait mode and make the product the hero. Be sure to get multiple angles and video. Or get a lightbox.
- When writing product descriptions, focus on the benefits, not the features. There is a difference and this is copy 101 so learn that first. Use bullet points for technical specs and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Drive traffic directly to your product page. Most visitors aren’t invested in your brand enough to want to view your homepage first. They want the product.
It costs a lot more money and effort to find new customers than it does to keep them coming back. When a customer is dissatisfied, do not consider them a lost cause. Great service can usually win them back.
- Respond ASAP. The longer you take to respond the bigger the issue becomes.
- Apologize up front, and with sincerity. Take accountability. The customer does not care about the post office or the vendor. It’s your business, and good or bad, you’re responsible.
Learn how to sell before throwing hundreds of dollars into inventory. You can buy the product, draft the business plan, customize the packaging and perfect the website all day long, but making actual sales is an art to be practiced. The dropshipping format allows you to launch your store, market your product, and learn the ropes of selling without spending a bunch of money upfront. All of the reward and almost none of the risk.
Lead magnets are a great way to build like, know, and trust with your audience. Lead magnets are better than providing a discount code because it solidifies the value of your product or offer. The three keys to an epic lead magnet are:
- It promotes your business and generates tons of new leads.
- It’s free to deliver and done 100% automatically.
- It’s perceived as valuable, helpful, or educational to your target audience.
Elevate your perceived value. Have you ever stopped to think about how Starbucks can sell a 50 cent cup of coffee for $5? This is because of their perceived value. You have a perceived value too! You can raise the value by:
- Leveraging influencers
- Emphasizing quality
- Raising your prices. These plays can increase profit without changing your product.
Take time to prep for big events like Black Friday. Start by booking time with your mentor for hands-on advice catered to your business needs. Determine sales techniques that will help you stand out amongst your competition with an irresistible offer. Stock up on inventory – this is not the time for sold-out items to be listed on your site.
Are You Ready To Live The Luxe Life?
Sometimes, as women, we get intimidated by the idea of creating our own badass business from scratch. But it doesn’t have to be that way. I’m here to help support you and show you the tools you need to be successful.
I hope you’re just as excited about this opportunity as I am. That’s why I’m REALLY hoping you’ll join me on this journey.